Green belt Opinions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would like some opinions on 'special circumstances' with regards to green belt.

I have a site which is perfect for the development of a house. Every aspect has been accounted for e.g. access, contributes to local amenity, does not encroach in any possible way on other properties etc.

My only issue is that it is greenbelt... However, a independent local green belt review specifically highlights the exact site as an 'anomaly' that does not serve any purpose and should be considered for reallocation.

The greenbelt land in question (50m squared) is presently covered in tarmac and abandoned. Do you think this would be acceptable as a 'special circumstance' for reallocation?

Sponsored Links
It's not so much as to what we think, but the Planning department and their Local Plan/policies in relation to development within the green belt.

I have a site which is perfect for the development of a house. Every aspect has been accounted for e.g. access, contributes to local amenity, does not encroach in any possible way on other properties etc.

There's a flip side to everything though - doesn't encroach on any other houses, why? Because there are none around? So how will this development be sustainable? Bus routes? Town access? Ideally suited to disabled users?

It's quite a bold claim to say every issue has been considered and disproven..

..but DOH's right. The only way is to get your planning statement head on, do a design, access and planning statement and get an application in. It may be worth approaching a local planning consultant, because they should be familiar with all the local policies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back