Greenstar 28i Junior Combi Pressure????

so it isolate it, guessing it's the CH flow and return, its switch off boiler, increase pressure to say 1.5 bar ,turn the screw 90 degrees at the isolater on flow and return then wait a few days see if pressure drops ? While keeping the boiler switched off yes?

Sponsored Links
I would top it up to 2 bar and do as you have described. I would also use an adjustable spanner to turn the isolating valves, using a screwdriver sometimes mullers the slot.

I would top it up to 2 bar and do as you have described. I would also use an adjustable spanner to turn the isolating valves, using a screwdriver sometimes mullers the slot.

perfect, will do! going to do it on sunday as in the flat doing some things over next couple days and will need the heating on.

Sponsored Links
Just go outside and look at the relief pipe....

I would but its a 1st floor flat with the pipes coming out onto the roof of the access stairs into the old building, and course this time of year the roof there is wet so seeing any drips or moisture is difficult.

What's wrong with undoing the chrome compression nut on the RHS under the boiler...looking upwards into the pipe with a mirror and torch you can see any evidence of the valve seating leaking.
Or stick a small bag over the pipe to check for drips.

What's wrong with undoing the chrome compression nut on the RHS under the boiler...looking upwards into the pipe with a mirror and torch you can see any evidence of the valve seating leaking.
Or stick a small bag over the pipe to check for drips.

ah suppose that would do the same job wouldn't it...… undo the nut, move the pipe to the side and put a bag or something over it to check!

so had the prv pipe undone for 6 days, small plastic bag over it with paper inside to see if any water comes into it.....none.

The pressure was set at 1.5bar and has dropped to around 0.2bar when off and goes up to 0.7bar approx when heating is on.

CH and HW both fine.

2 rads look like have had leaks in the past, attached 1 of them in pics, going to some toilet paper round them see if any moisture over a day or so.

Attachments

• 20181217_121722.jpg
    20181217_121722.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 46

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back