Greenstar 28i Junior Condensing Boiler-Lower System Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My boiler is showing a system pressure of 0, everything still appears to be working correct although the boiler seems a bit noisier. I know the pressure should read about 1 bar.

How do i go about re pressurizing the system. I know it involves a plastic key which is stored underneath and it fits in a the system but thats about as far as i have got for fear of doing something wrong.

Could some one please advise me on what to do next?

big thanks indavance.

Neil

Sponsored Links
The boiler manual should explain it in detail. If you haven't got one you can download from the Worcester Bosch site.

Hi thanks for the reply, doesnt seem to any mention in the manual and carnt seem to find anything on the website

Which manual are you looking at? Are you sure it's got a built-in filling loop (white plastic key)? Looks like it would have an external one.

Sponsored Links
HI looked at the manual supplied, explaining what each part is etc, also the one of the web site was exactely the same.

yeah it does have a white key. does this help?

Very odd that the user manual doesn't explain how to use the key! Perhaps it's in the Installation manual, which isn't available on the site.

Basically you have to find the appropriate hole underneath the boiler, insert the key (a bit like having sex, really) and push and turn the key to lock like the bayonet fitting of a light bulb. Then I think you undo/open a little valve head nearby - can't remember exactly. Check the FAQ sticky topic above - I think it might be covered there.

cheers, i thought it might be something like that, as there is a valve next to it.

does this system have to be running when you do it?

But WB don't list the I&S instructions on that view. How did you get to them ChrisR?

Thanks for the link to that download, ChrisR. I still can't see how you managed to access it - it's definitely not on the list displayed on my screen!

HI NEIL

PUSH THE KEY FIRMLY UP , AND HOLD IT IN PLACE , TURN THE SMALL VALVE NEXT TO IT , FILL TO 1.5 BAR AND THEN CLOSE THE VALVE , YOU WILL ONLY GET A SMALL AMOUNT OF WATER SPILL WHEN YOU REMOVE THE KEY , NOW WATCH THE PREASURE GO DOWN OVER THE NEXT TWO WEEKS . BACK TO SQUARE ONE . I HAVE NO LEAKS WHATSOEVER AND I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM , JOIN THE CLUB , GOOD LUCK DAVE

HI NEIL

PUSH THE KEY FIRMLY UP , AND HOLD IT IN PLACE , TURN THE SMALL VALVE NEXT TO IT , FILL TO 1.5 BAR AND THEN CLOSE THE VALVE , YOU WILL ONLY GET A SMALL AMOUNT OF WATER SPILL WHEN YOU REMOVE THE KEY , NOW WATCH THE PREASURE GO DOWN OVER THE NEXT TWO WEEKS . BACK TO SQUARE ONE . I HAVE NO LEAKS WHATSOEVER AND I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM , JOIN THE CLUB , GOOD LUCK DAVE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back