Grey skim coat

27 Jun 2013
Reaction score
United Kingdom
In the process of removing wallpaper the very thin skim blew (not a big deal) but my question is that it’s grey and so is this a different kind of skim?

I’d say it’s very old, you can see what looks to be lime plaster (house was built 1860) underneath.

Just curious about the type of plaster it is. It was very thin, only a single coat.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Could be lime.

Buy off Internet to patch up.
Supposed to have breathable paint over
Thank you. I’ll probably just take it all off and start again. Whole house is being rewired and replumbed so it’s a small thin whilst the pros are all on site doing works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links