Grey squirrels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are to be given oral contraception

pots containing hazel nut spread laced with a contraceptive are to be left in boxes on trees that only they are able to access

Sponsored Links
We have a colony of red squirrels in Essex on Mersea island. Grey squirrels are trapped and removed.

Sponsored Links
Good. They should reenact that classic Arnie Predator scene with the mini-gun them whenever a group of Greys are spotted.

At Woburn Abbey they have a charcoal grey/black variety of squirrel.

They are not part of the collection but can be seen going around the park.

We have a colony of red squirrels in Essex on Mersea island. Grey squirrels are trapped and removed.
Discrimination on the grounds of colour.
Who traps them then, the border force?

I read that grey squirrels are not indigenous to the British Isles, is that true?

Lots of greys here, we see them most days playing in the back garden. I have not seen a red in the flesh, since around 1975, but I saw a TV program which suggested there were still a few in an isolated part of Britain. A few weeks ago I saw another program which suggested there were now some in Yorkshire being encouraged, but missed where they were suggested to be.

I read that grey squirrels are not indigenous to the British Isles, is that true?

Think they came from North America, might be wrong, but wherever they came from, they almost wiped out the indigenous red squirrel. Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour is another haven for red squirrels.

Sponsored Links
Back