Grey water in shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey All,

I am building a concrete block shed with an outdoor (roofed with bifold doors in front) kitchen. I want to have there gas bbq, small gas hob, both connected to the same gas bottle, and a little sink. That way i can spend more time outside and cook there. I would use sink to wash hands etc, so water wouldn't be very dirty but may contain some grease etc from cooking. Problem here is that the shed is probably around 0.5 meters lower than the house and more than 20 meters away. So feel like running the waste pipe back would be problematic and a bit of overkill for what i need it for. Septic tank would be difficult as i only have about 1m of space behing the shed. I am considering so far the following options - Small grey water pump, although i heard these are not too good, and run the waste pipe to the sewer behind the house uphill. Small DIY septic tank under the sink made from barell (unsure how to build it yet) and overflow to small soakaway behind a shed, or small DIY filter under the sink and soakaway. Again unsure how to build one. Anyone tried something like that before or have any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That is also not bad indeed. Only negative is that i will have to drag it every now and again to empty in a sink but i like the idea. Any other options to consider here?

Actually this is now my top 1 solution, unless someone else drops something brilliant like that that doesn't involve dragging containers, i am buying one :)

That is so true! Love this forum already. I was trying ti work this one out for a few days now and it took only minutes to get an idea that is better than any of them. Hope i can fit it under the sink as this is not the prettiest thing and i won't be able to access back of the shed to get to it (sink will be at the back wall).

The roll along are 50 litres, and hey, they roll. I saw you csn detach the handles so i should be able to install it under sink

Yeah i saw those, but then it has one review with one star so i am a bit afraid of putting all that work and having the pump that actually doesn't pump
There will be power indeed so this option is still on a table, but unsure if worth the effort and risk for one sink

I see, thanks for it. I assume i can just run a 40mm pipe back to to the sewer avoiding 90 degrees angles and that should do it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back