gripfill for chipies??... what's it called??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The last time I had a chipie doing work for me, he was using a product similar to gripfill to fill and bond. Anybody any idea what it is! I'm putting down an engineered floor in a split levelled room and the tongue of the flooring and the groove of the trim where the step is doesn't match up very well!!.... any better suggestions would be appreciated!!

cheers.

Sponsored Links
Those glues are not gap filling

I've no idea how we are supposed to guess what that guy was using :rolleyes: - there are lots of "gripfill like" products.

Gap-filling adhesive is not the best thing for gluing T&G - unless I suppose, there is a gap to fill :rolleyes:

Those glues are not gap filling

I've no idea how we are supposed to guess what that guy was using :rolleyes: - there are lots of "gripfill like" products.

Gap-filling adhesive is not the best thing for gluing T&G - unless I suppose, there is a gap to fill :rolleyes:

they foam up as they dry but only about 3 to 5mm

Sponsored Links
The flooring and the trim are from different retailers. I need to chisel half the tongue out to get them to fit but even then it is far from being a snug fit. Any suggestion on what to use to fill the gap????

i would have a tennon saw to try and increase the groove or a rebate plane to try and reduce the tounge to the correct size
what size of gap you talking!!!

I'd go with one of the polyurethane glues as its thin enough to allow a tight fit when pressed together. But be sure to clamp or fix the pieces togther as the glue can open them up when it expands.

Gap round the tongue when fitted together is about 2mm on all sides. Was thinking of using glue and tension straps to hold it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back