Grohe Concealed Cistern Stabilising Frame Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove what I believe is named the stabilising frame in the type of Grohe concealed cistern I have (see attached image)? I have circled where the frame clips into the cistern.

If I bend outward the nearside of the cistern to try to release the clips from the holes there isn't a lot of give and it feels as if more pressure would break the cistern. Is there a knack to this or do I need to pull the frame in a certain direction while pulling the edge of the cistern out? I'm also wondering if the plastic "bar" that runs across the connection points separates from the frame perhaps, as I can't easily tell if it's part of the frame or not.

Grohe.jpg

Sponsored Links
I've just popped them out before without much thinking about it. Hard to explain, easy to do... My fingers often often feel what my eyes cannot see... (phnar, phnar) Its a plumber thing :sneaky:

You could download the MI's and see how they show you how to install it, then just perform the reverse. :)

Worked this out after returning to it about ten minutes ago. The two pillars either side of the middle clip are actually runners designed to slide up and down a track molded into the cistern side. To free the middle clip (or stop) on both sides just needs the side of the cistern bent outward to allow it to pass freely in an upward direction. Worked it out but its jamming in place if I don't keep the stabiliser mostly horizontal.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back