Grohe concealed cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the bellows in our Grohe concealed cistern. I have removed the hose, the spigot but how do I reach the bellows? I am sure I can do this myself without involving a plumber.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Presume you mean the flushing valve. Pretty sure you twist it and it pulls out.
Then the rubber washer pulls off the bottom of the unit atached to a green plastic unit. This is the part you replace not just the washer.The washers tend to blister so let the water pass through.

Sponsored Links
This will be the flush button, presumably?
If its the one I'm thinking about, there's a large plastic nut on the back.....pull off the plastic tube (you can test the flush by blowing down it) - the bellows are available seperately or together with a new button.
John :)

Post a picture.

Andy

I can't Andy as it is a concealed unit and no matter what angle I take a picture at you would not be able to see. I have taken off the section that contains the push button which pushes air through a tube which inflates the bellows which pushes down the cylinder thing which flushes the toilet. I have new bellows but can't see how to get the old one out.

This will be the flush button, presumably?
If its the one I'm thinking about, there's a large plastic nut on the back.....pull off the plastic tube (you can test the flush by blowing down it) - the bellows are available seperately or together with a new button.
John :)

No, it is not the bellows in the flush button. If you press the flush button it sends air down a plastic tube which then inflates the bellows which pushes down the cylinder which flushes the toilet. I just can see how to remove these bellows. I can twist the bellows round and round but cannot twist them out.

I need to replace the bellows in our Grohe concealed cistern. I have removed the hose, the spigot but how do I reach the bellows? I am sure I can do this myself without involving a plumber.

Many thanks

Thanks to all who replied. However I still do not know how to get the bellows out. The top of the bellows looks threaded but does not twist off. It sits in a plastic thing with a hole and the top of the bellows is above the hole and no amount of twisting or pushing will get the bellows out nor can I get the plastic thing out that the bellows sit in.

I know this all sounds very vague but I am a female after all. My husband has been too busy watching the Olympics to worry about trivial things like toilets.

These bellows are not in the push button although I do know there are bellows in there as well.

It is more than likely the button, have you tried blowing down the tubes, if blowing down the tube works, then the fault is the push button

It is more than likely the button, have you tried blowing down the tubes, if blowing down the tube works, then the fault is the push button

I have already blown down the hose and nothing happens. When I press the push button there is resistance so I reckon that is OK. I have my brother who is an engineer trying to get the bellows out and so far no success.

I have already blown down the hose and nothing happens. When I press the push button there is resistance so I reckon that is OK. I have my brother who is an engineer trying to get the bellows out and so far no success.

Well it seems it is the push button after all. I obviously did not have enough puff. Managed to replace the bellows inside cistern and now trying to remove push button but threaded part is all chewed up. Nearly there! Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back