Grouch

Stulz said:
But as I get the impression that Softus posted this topic as a light hearted one, rather than a serious social observation, I feel that those seemingly attempting to denigrate it into a disagreement, argument or whatever are obviously in need of a little humour at this time, and perhaps should step back from the precipice before posting. Life is too short for a childish set of posts over checkout etiquete for Christ's sake.
Softus trying to be humourous? Oh you poor deluded person get real, Stop trying to defend his rantings under the guise of humour!

Sponsored Links
mlb3c, Argos is a catalogue store. All the merchanside is displayed in catalogues, and kept in grey boxes in the warehouse in each store. People choose what they want from the catalogue, write the number down and take it to the till to pay, and a picking ticket is printed in the warehouse. They they take their reciept (bill) to the collection counter and collect their goods when they have been picked by the picking staff. They sell such items as home electronics, storage, furniture (a lot on home delivery only as not all stores have big enough warehouses) garden accessories, toys, jewellery.

So many people couldnt understand the argos concept. They'd come to the collection counter with money and a catalogue number. :eek:

I think you meant ASDA, which was bought by wall-mart several years ago. Asda is a grocery supermarket company, also sell clothes and cheapo electronic equipment.

Argos have introduced self help terminals in a lot of their stores which saves queing up to pay if that sort of thing gets up your goat. Now all they need to do is self help the counter ;)

Softus said:
I guess what I've failed to do is spot the thing that you call an argument.

This is a discussion about shop assistants. If you want to argue, then you can carry on just as well without me. If it suits your insecurity to deem it an admission of failure on my part, then please cuddle up to that comforter with my unconditional compliments.

No discussion here ! Its about you trying to belittle people who you think you are so superior to :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
tim west said:
Stulz said:
But as I get the impression that Softus posted this topic as a light hearted one, rather than a serious social observation, I feel that those seemingly attempting to denigrate it into a disagreement, argument or whatever are obviously in need of a little humour at this time, and perhaps should step back from the precipice before posting. Life is too short for a childish set of posts over checkout etiquete for Christ's sake.
Softus trying to be humourous? Oh you poor deluded person get real, Stop trying to defend his rantings under the guise of humour!

Light hearted may not necessarilly mean humourous. Benile personal attacks on anyone is simply childish and unhelpful. Your response to my post was uneccessay. In future I would appreciate you refraining from personal attacks. If you do not agree with what i say, so be it, it's a free country, but lets leave out the silliness.

Thanks

Stulz said:
Light hearted may not necessarilly mean humourous. Benile personal attacks on anyone is simply childish and unhelpful. Your response to my post was uneccessay. In future I would appreciate you refraining from personal attacks. If you do not agree with what i say, so be it, it's a free country, but lets leave out the silliness.

Thanks
I think you need to step away from that precipice before posting in future. you need to read what came before, before you go accusing people of anything, as for silliness tht's a matter of opinion yours not mine. Personal attack? where???

trazor said:
Sums this thread up exactly.
In that case you've misunderstood it.

Said etiquette is a microcosm of the way people interact in all kinds of situations. What price a moment's thought about how to make a customer's life ten times easier when having to bustle away from a till? How difficult is it to make someone's day nicer with just the briefest eye contact?

However much you (any of you) might dislike my style, or content, on the forum, the bottom line is that I make a genuine connection with my customers on a personal level, and consequently I don't have to advertise my businesses - they do it for me. Similarly, I have absolute loyalty to my regular suppliers, not because they're the cheapest (and they're not), but because they go the extra mile when it's warranted.

However, I'd change supermarket without batting an eye, if I could just find one where all the assistants are sincerely pleasant and effectively helpful.

It isn't too much to expect.

i like you Softus. at least you can string a sentence together.

would you sooner put up with the shmaltzy, 'good ole US ofA, have a nice day' type of politeness?

i did notice the word sincere in your post, so this is just a curiosity querey, and isn't an attempt to bait. ;)

What about that home delivery ting ??? Or would the driver a 'grouch' too ?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The Americans certainly have hospitality and customer service down to a fine art. Something, i feel, they do better than us.

Crafty said:
The Americans certainly have hospitality and customer service down to a fine art. Something, i feel, they do better than us.

yes they do, but a little bit insincere don't you think?

Aw, you guys. I'm touched, but I won't be telling y'all to have a nice day. ;)

noseall said:
would you sooner put up with the shmaltzy, 'good ole US ofA, have a nice day' type of politeness?
No. That might be even worse - give me rude and British any day. A smile doesn't have to be face-splitting, and a brief look can be more effective than a lingering one. Perhaps the French have got it right...

Sponsored Links
Back