Grundfos ALPHA+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have come across this, does anybody have any experience with this CH pump which appears to modulate its own speed depending upon demand. Looks good on theory but what is the reality?

www.grundfos.com/alpha

My radiators do not have TRVs on them but they do get turned up and down depending upon requirements.

Thanks
Andrew

Sponsored Links
No real advantage for you. Power savings would take yonks to cover the extra cost.

Fit TRVs and it becomes beneficial. Power saving may not be the thing to consider so much as noise reduction as valves shut. A little benefit is the pump starter if you turn your system off in the summer. If the pump sticks, the electronics shake the motor to get it started.

just as well they left that silver thing in the middle...in case the electronic shaker packs in.... :cry:

Sponsored Links
images

wot this :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and from a grunfoss alpha thread, weve managed to whittle it down to.....
strohs-flat-corkscrew.jpg

:cry: :rolleyes: :LOL:

kev, im already under a few section 10 a warnings :LOL:
eerrrrr what thread is this, ah yes...
but heres a pic of my back garden..

bigwine.jpg

I would like to thank all for their informed and relavent comments :eek:

Anybody had any bad experiences, this is specifically with the pump, not the screws, nails, corkscrew or wine. ;)

What has this thread turned into! :eek: Everywhere I go I atract nutters or at least that is what my other personality tells me, but them I am not the one posting the pictures so maybe I am sane and all around are actually mad :eek: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back