Grundfos - to Alpha or not to Alpha? That is the question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After my previous posts I'm going to change the pump (Grundfos 15-50). Went down my Mums and looked at hers and it sounds and feels different, as though it is actually working. Mine just humms and has a mellow vibration, hers feels like it's pumping.
I have 8 rads in bungalow and 6 have TRV's but when new boiler fitted next year might go fully TRV.
Is it worth me paying the extra for the Alpha version?
In a bungalow would the 6m head version be overkill or too noisy etc or would it be quieter under less load and therefore sensible.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just found out Grundfos now do an "A" rated Alpha Pro but they're way more expensive. Don't think I'll get my money back on electric savings with that. Will get an Alpha+ just whether to get 15-50 or 15-60 version.

Any advice on 5m or 6m head pumps for bungalow appreciated.

For that size property the 15-50 should be quite adequate.

You will get back the electric saving quite quickly if you opt for the efficient one.

A note of caution, if your existing pump has failed because of dirt in the system then you will be wasting your money changing the pump without addressing the dirt!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back