Grundfos UPS 15-60 pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for the above pump for a Worcester 9.24 BF, can anyone help me out?

Sponsored Links
It's a standard heating pump widely available. You should check the size of the pipe connections on the pump body. If they are 1" rather than 1.5" you will need to change the head of the pump over (which might be easier anyway).

Thanks for your help ;)

£54.77 including the VAT seems to be the going rate.

Sponsored Links
Hey ppl, thanks for your help so far, I bought one off of ebay for £43.50 - brand new too.

Now, does anyone have any guidance on fitment? I hadn't considered fitting the pump until the plumber that was meant to do the job (including procurement of the pump!) started to give your lot a bad name! Totally unreliable. I know you're not all like that ;)

Anyway, step dad was a plumber and I worked along side him quite a bit, so I'm confident I'll be able to replace the pump. Had a look at the replacement parts section in the boiler manual, and it looks to be very easy.

Just looking for pointers gained through experience that might be beneficial if anyone has any (as per chrishutt - cheers mate).

The head of the pump is held onto the body of the pump by 4 allen key bolts. The old pump in the boiler should have the same arrangement. So you can just change the head over (but clean out the old body while it's open). Obviously you will need to isolate (CH water and electricity) the boiler and drain the CH side first.

WATCH OUT Groovycat. If you turn off the isolation valves under the boiler they'll almost certainly leak [or is it just me?]. And don't drain it on the prv cos that will weep afterwards as well.Probably best to do a full drain down & just change the head as chrishutt said. I know its more work but those valves are a right pain. Good luck

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

So you undo the allen screws, and nothing happens, and when you do prise the pumps apart, bits stay in the wet end which you didn't want, then the O ring doesn't quite sit in the new head like it did the old. Usual plumbin sort of stuff.

""" I hadn't considered fitting the pump until the plumber that was meant to do the job (including procurement of the pump!) started to give your lot a bad name"""

Who did he mean when he said that?

And wasn't he one himself?

Agile said:
Who did he mean when he said that? And wasn't he one himself?
What I thought he meant was that the plumber he intended to use turned out to be unreliable and thereby gave plumbers in general (and us by extension) a bad name.

That's the stuff, thanks a lot guys. I'll let you know how it goes :confused:

What I thought he meant was that the plumber he intended to use turned out to be unreliable and thereby gave plumbers in general (and us by extension) a bad name

Spot on! Long live the good guys!

I think that its a little unfair to think that all plumbers are bad just because he is not happy with one individual.

There are also some cowboy customers as well, those who want hours of free advice and then use an unqualified east European instead!

Tony

I think that its a little unfair to think that all plumbers are bad just because he is not happy with one individual.

Now now, I'm sure you realise it was said in jest. In any case, the reference was to being unreliable not bad. In fact, the sentence ended,
I know you're not all like that ;)
which I imagined would soften the comment sufficiently.

It would be quite impolite, not to mention stupid, to offend the very people I am asking for help. So, be assured, no offence intended.

All that said, I do agree with you that customers can be equally as bad, and more!

Matter closed I hope, no point in clogging the thread with unrelated fodder.

Peace :cool:

gasmarkone said:
...............And don't drain it on the prv cos that will weep afterwards as well..............

However, if you are servicing a boiler with a sealed heating system, you will of course carry out the safety checks of BS7074 part 1. These are to ckeck the PRV is not stuck, by, er.......operating it and draining water (until it gets to zero pressure) so you can then check and adjust the air pressure in the expansion vessel. But, hey, who cares about a stuck PRV?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back