Grundfos UPS 15-60 pump

here here oilman

it must be checked and if it leaks it must be replaced end of story

Sponsored Links
Job done!

Used the isolation valves either side of the pump, stayed dry the whole time :D

Was going to drain the system, but couldn't work out how to?! I located what I thought would be the drain plug (underside of the cylindrical heat exchanger with the hose fitting), unscrewed it but nothing happened. I couldn't find anything else that looked like it would do the job.

Anyway, decided to go with the isolator valves at the pump, worked a treat - totally simple job.

Would really have liked to cleaned the system with a flush, but not being able to work out a draindown, I had to leave it.

This might be a stupid question at this stage, but does a closed heating system ALWAYS have a prv and gauge? I assumed it was a closed system I had, because, a few weeks ago we had a burst main, the water was turned off in the street, and obviously we had no water in the house. One night the temperature dropped and the boiler kicked in, no-one noticed until the morning when the house was really warm. It ran like that for hours, so I assumed it was a closed system. However, previous posts suggested testing the prv ... and I looked all over before I started, but couldn't see anything that could be a prv, nor a pressure gauge. How does that work?

Anyway, thanks everyone for your contributions ... now if you don't mind, I'm off for a hot shower ;)

Beers all round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back