Gu10 lights stopper working!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy new year all.
we have a loft converted to a bedroom and have 8 gu10 spotlight fixtures in there.
There is a dimmer switch at top of the stairs and a standard switch at the bottom of stairs.
I tried fitting led bulbs into them but they just flickered so i replaced those with gu10 20w standard bulbs.
Now none of the lights in that room work (but bulbs work in other units throughout the house)
Could it be the dimmer switch that is causing the problem or not?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Picture is of the dimmer switch at top of the stairs (for wiring purposes)

Attachments

• IMG_1116.JPG
    IMG_1116.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
Take a picture of the back on the dimmer before you replace as a aid to wiring the replacement dimmer or switch.

Your replacement must be suitable for 2way switching.

Does the lighting for the loft come from an existing lighting circuit or was a new circuit added?

HNY

DS

Take a picture of the back on the dimmer before you replace as a aid to wiring the replacement dimmer or switch.

Your replacement must be suitable for 2way switching.

Does the lighting for the loft come from an existing lighting circuit or was a new circuit added?

HNY

DS
I honestly couldnt tell you what curcuit its on. At a guess id say it was spurred from the bedroom below. This was done probs 15 years ago.
Question was more aimed at could the dimmer be the cause of the lights not working even if the other switch is ok?
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back