Guess what flew over our place today!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two spifires !!!!!!!

Just after dinnertime ........sound of the superb engines made me look up......

couldnt belive it a few hundred feet up !!

Sponsored Links
come down to eastbourne in august and we have 'airborne' we had the memorial fly past on all days this year,spitfire,hurricane and the Lancaster bomber.
last year we had the Vulcan bomber,MY WORD THATS BLOODY LOUD.
oh and most years we have the red arrows.
shame they got rid of the harrier,watching that fly sideways up and down the seafront and then take a bow and then watch it as it starts to go vertical and then disapere has got to be 1 of the best things to see.

and its all free. :D

come down to eastbourne in august and we have 'airborne' we had the memorial fly past on all days this year,spitfire,hurricane and the Lancaster bomber.
last year we had the Vulcan bomber,MY WORD THATS BLOODY LOUD.
oh and most years we have the red arrows.
shame they got rid of the harrier,watching that fly sideways up and down the seafront and then take a bow and then watch it as it starts to go vertical and then disapere has got to be 1 of the best things to see.

and its all free. :D

you dont get it do you?

a quiet sunday lunchtime no airshows no hulabaloo no extravaganza and then two lone spitfires fly over the suburbs of a northern city .........
Of couse if there was an airshow nearby understandable and not unexpected, nor worth mentioning. however in this instance.........

well they got to fly over somewhere to get to there destination.

Sponsored Links
well they got to fly over somewhere to get to there destination.
Yes I suppose they do have to get to "their" destination, but they dont fly over here to get to" their "destination that I can ever recall !!!!

apart from air shows I've never seen them flying anywhere to get to "their" destinations !

Few years ago saw ( maybe 20 ) saw a Mosquito flying over north wales !
I suppose he was on his way to his destination as well !

we sometimes get fighter jets flying down the channel.you hear them look up and theyve gone. :)

We often used to get them flying overhead in Bristol. They used to do something at the BAE/RR works at Filton and used the runway there. Unfortunately that's all coming to an end. They're building 100s of Lego houses on the runway where Brian Trubshaw made his first flight in the British built Concorde prototype in 1969.

Yes, a spitfire with the invasion livery used to be a regular at Filton. We often used to get it flying around on a Sunday afternoon. No more though. The runway is full of holes.

One flew over the cuckoo's nest , and the cuckoo got terribly scared and jumped out of its nest and fell and broke his beak! poor cuckoo! :LOL:

One flew over the cuckoo's nest , and the cuckoo got terribly scared and jumped out of its nest and fell and broke his beak! poor cuckoo! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back