Gutter advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I've had to replace a section of gutter as it had a plant growing inside it.

Here's a pic:

All's good except when the neighbour empties bath, water comes from where the red arrow is.

It's not blocked or anything I think it just comes out so fast there's splash back and it comes out.

Before I removed that section it was weirdly sealed with what looked like cement with that plant growing out of it. So hard to see how it should be done.

Do I need to fill hole, put a cap on it or extend the narrower pipe so it goes further down the big pipe.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It’s all a bit of a bodge but you could get a rubber adaptor to fit the 40mm onto the 110mm.

What is the fitting on the down pipe, it appears the waste is offset to the down pipe so there is not a good seal, suggest turning the fitting coming through the wall slightly a small section of waste pipe and an offset angle to give a better flow. The Boss above the fitting needs a blank fitting

Jack, that's not gutter mate!
Jack that's not a good looking job someone has done on your soil stack.
Jack, do get some of the holes in your wall sorted before a squirrel turns up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys,

Yeah I know it's all a bit of mess.

Thanks Garyo, I'll get one of those end caps. There's nothing there at all at the moment, just the small pipe going into the larger.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back