Gutter rain water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had my bathroom moved upstairs recently and as a result the soil pipe was moved beside the guttering meaning the gutter had to be cut at the end and is now not flush with the wall and as a result when it rains, water come dropping down the wall and is starting to discolour it. Is there a remedy for this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 178
Sponsored Links
Slip a piece of lead under the tiles above the soil pipe to divert the water into the gutter.
Nasty bit of work from the plumber there.

Tell me about it. Got the same guy round to install one of them surestop switches and he knocked the water supply off the row of houses next to me after breaking the mains stopcock outside and then denied it was him. I'm planning on getting that gutter and downpipe replaced so do you think the installer will be able to install that flashing you were talking about or is it something I can do myself? Wouldn't have a clue where to begin.

18x12" piece of lead...slide it under the tiles above the pipe where the gutter has been removed bend it up and slant it down towards the gutter so the water runs down the roof and the lead diverts it into the gutter instead of running down behind the svp.

Sponsored Links
Just got this reply after sending the roofer pictures

“ Yes that's slate, I'd say your looking £150 for the lead cut off and labour“

Does that seem a fair price?

It needs to pick up the water from the soaker as well which isn't always easy. still should take any longer than 2 hours to do the works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back