Guttering DIY first timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. New here so please go easy :)

I live in a 70's semi-detached and am replacing my existing upvc guttering. I measured mine and my neighbours existing dia before ordering which was 100mm dia half round. When I got the new guttering delivered to my house I double checked the dia to find out it was 115mm :eek:. I rang my supplier who said 100mm dia half round upvc is not made anymore. Is this right?!

Also if this is the case how do I connect my new 115m dia to my neighbours existing 100mm dia? At the rear of the house my neighbours guttering runs along their roof into a down pipe in our garden (vice versa at the front). I rang a local roofer who said all I have to do is fix my new 115mm gutter so my neighbours is laid in my new 115mm (with a 30m overlap) and seal the joint. Does this make sense????? Obviously I will use a bracket / union here.

Can anyone shed their own experience on this or any other method if the above does not work?

Many thanks.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/guttering-diy-first-timer.488343/#ixzz4roDrO9PM

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back