Halloween safety advice

C

calorific

Some spammer from the US posted an ad within the following advice. I've removed the ad and tidied it up a bit. There is some useful food for thought in it, so it seemed worth keeping even though the mods will no doubt remove the original spammer. Anyway. here it is:
5 Ways to Keep Your Trick-or-Treater Safe

1. Stay on the door step - Don’t go inside any stranger’s home under any circumstances

2. Don’t trick or treat alone - There’s safety in numbers. Trick or treat with at least one friend

3. Schedule regular check-ins with your parents - Make a designed time to call or a place to check-in every 30-60 minutes

4. Be safe, be seen - Attach a flashlight or reflector to your goodie bag or costume

5. No eating until you are home - All treats need the parental stamp of approval, and NEVER eat unwrapped candies fake cameras

5 Ways to Protect Your Home for Halloween

1. Light up the night - Extra porch and perimeter lights will keep Halloween mischief-makers at bay.

2. Security cameras and signage - Nothing deters Halloween vandals like a security camera – or a prominent sign explaining that hidden cameras are on the job at your home

3. Driveway and perimeter alerts Spy video camera - Affordable motion alerts will tell you instantly when anyone is within your property limits

4. Eliminate the obstacles -Remove anything a child could trip over from your porch and yard

5. Stamp out potential fire hazards - Consider using battery-powered pumpkin lights and decorations instead of candles wireless cameras

Sponsored Links
Horrible recent american import (although it's origins are celtic)...

Should be called by a more appropriate name - "Demanding gifts with menaces"!

Sponsored Links
Halloween and 'trick or treating' is yet another irresponsible, morally wrong, ASBO deserving practice.

Beggars belief how once a year 'normally sensible' parents allow their young children out on a dark night, knocking on strangers doors begging for sweets. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
In fact......... Some positively encourage it.

Lunacy.

Got my van pelted with a clay so@d last night driving through a local town.
About a dozen of them with their faces scarved. Stopped to see what damage was done.

Would love to drive past them some night and open up the slurry tanker valve full bore and let them have it. :LOL:
Another guy today was advocating the copper pipe and barbed wire treatment which I thought a bit extreme.

You lot of miserable barstewards...kids look forward to it and get dressed up for a bit of non harmless fun and you lot are like the old gits.....sad rses :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The kids I seen dressed up had hoodies and face scarves and the harmless fun was pelting passing vehicles with clods of soil. :rolleyes:
Yeah sure..... harmless fun.

Sponsored Links
Back