Halloween safety advice

Sponsored Links
I'll probably dig out my old Jimmy Savile mask.

On the other hand, I might do what we always do: turn off all the lights and pretend we're out. It's usually safe to put them back on after about 9pm.

On the other hand, I might do what we always do: turn off all the lights and pretend we're out. It's usually safe to put them back on after about 9pm.
Not to keen on the in-laws then on XMas day? Top tip :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
When I were a lad halloween wasn't much of an occasion, it was all on Mischief Night which was the night before bonfire night.

Kids would go round the village taking gates off their hinges, letting off bangers, putting things thorough letter boxes and just being a nuisance.

Next morning the Headmaster of the village school and local bobby would be expected to find out who was involved. The Headmaster would take them to his study, and whack them on the ass with his cane.

All sorted, no complaints, village and parents all happy. Nowadays there would be hell to pay, for the headmaster and the copper.

When I were a lad halloween wasn't much of an occasion, it was all on Mischief Night which was the night before bonfire night.

Kids would go round the village taking gates off their hinges, letting off bangers, putting things thorough letter boxes and just being a nuisance.

Next morning the Headmaster of the village school and local bobby would be expected to find out who was involved. The Headmaster would take them to his study, and whack them on the ass with his cane.

All sorted, no complaints, village and parents all happy. Nowadays there would be hell to pay, for the headmaster and the copper.

Those were the days. How times have changed, and not for the better.

Sponsored Links
Back