halogen hob

bmx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just swaping from gas to a halogen hob. i was thinking just share the 6mm that powers the oven but this hob is 32 max amps, can beleive i need to run another 6mm and another 32a breaker! is this normaly the case with electric hobs?

Sponsored Links
Keep the gas hob. You'll regret choosing a halogen hob when you start to use it!

Soo. You are going to dump good old gas. You'll learn.
But if you insist, lets ask the usual questions first.
Sorry if you hear me yawning but your question is asked, on this forum, about every other day...

1. What is the rating of the hob?
2. What is the rating of the oven?

just swaping from gas to a halogen hob.
We did this. And the only reason we still have the glass top hob is because nobody's thrown a pan through it yet . . . (excuse for replacement)

Its a PITA to clean, and its covered in scratches (they DO show up).

Sponsored Links
Its a PITA to clean, and its covered in scratches (they DO show up).

Absolutely - even though manufacturers claim they just wipe clean!

An easy way to destroy these hobs is to boil up some jam and let a small amount spill onto the hot surface. The sugar will burn and completely ruin the glass/ceramic or whatever its made of.

We've had a glass top induction hob for a year now and it's still completely spotless and scratch free despite it getting bashed about every day.

We wouldn't swap the induction hob for gas, but ceramic and halogen hobs are just crap.

well its going in now so i will see how it goes, might keep hold of the gas one lol. i decided to run another 6mm cable for the hob so now the oven and hob on their own 32a supply.

hope you contacted the LABC before commencing work?

and what test instruments will you be using to fill in the electrical installation certificate?

installed a second cooker switch I hope?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back