Halogens

O

oompah

Now there is only me and the wife at home is it worth getting a halogen oven for energy saving purposes, are they as good as the reviews and does any one have good or bad experiences with them.
This is what I mean.
View media item 26752

Sponsored Links
I normally steam all my veg and fry up the meat to seal it, then cook it through in the steamer.
Can walk away and leave it on a timer, bl00dy great!
This does not apply to roasting as you can't beat the oven, but never used the halogen product so can't comment!

You have to burn fuel to make electricity. Unless you have a nuclear power station near buy you might as well use natural gas to cook an heat. Do you have an electric hob and what type?

This is why I am asking does it live up to the reviews,0000 do you have personal experience of the workings of halogens or just having a rant.Has the crow fly's Hinkley point is quite close.
Fast, healthy, fat free cooking- 12 Litres
Using infra-red technology
Heats up to 250 degrees C (500 degrees F) in less than one minute
Uses less than half the electricty than a normal conventional oven

Sponsored Links
I was actually trying to help, but whatever.

It not rocket science you work out the work output and compare to input. But you have to compare like with like. If you would normally boil or steam you veg, then not really fair to compare it to using the oven.

Of course a large oven is going to use more electricity, even it if used halogen as it heating source instead of a heater. Of course resistance (element heating) is least efficient. Convection helps, and also conventional convection "fans" can be improved an continuous jet stream is better, with minimal buffering for even cooking.

Pressure cookers are quite efficient, however i wouldn't put mushy peas in there. They are great for doing stews, in a hurry.

Reviews don't tell you personal circumstances, which is important when accessing if it is right for you.

We had a halogen oven that we bought from JML. Worked great for a coupl of years or so, then one day, we had a smell (electrical) in the kitchen and found that the oven had burnt out. Went on the internet to get some feed back on JML halogen ovens, and a lot of it was negative. Never bothered with another one since.

I was actually trying to help, Reviews don't tell you personal circumstances, which is important when accessing if it is right for you.
I didn't doubt that for a minute,which is why i was asking on here with regards to personal experiences.

Back