Halstead Eden VBX 30 flow & return mixed up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

wonder if I can have some help with a VBX30 boiler wrongly installed by a heating engineer no longer in business.
The pump and motorised valves have been placed on the 'RETURN' to the boiler and not the 'FLOW' from the boiler. The pump is pumping the primary fluid into the boiler 'RETURN' when in fact it should be pumping the primary fluid from the 'FLOW' towards the two motorised valves as per the diagram in the VBX30 manual.

Can I simply swap the FLOW and RETURN thermistors on the boiler pipework and turn the pump around to pump primary fluid towards the two motorised valves?

In other words are 'FLOW' and 'RETURN' swappable as long as I swap the thermistors? Does this keep the boiler electronics happy or is there an assymetry in the boiler flow & return paths?
Regards

John

Sponsored Links
Connect the pipework correctly and leave the boiler alone. The heat exchanger must have the water circulating the correct way through it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back