Halstead Finest Gold Boiler lock out problem

Problem Solved!

I finally decided to get a Corgi registered chap in and called two different guys based on recommendations from friends.

cheers

Richard

Clear evidence that one good independent is worth seven BG engineers ( term used loosely ).

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply superdupergasman,my aunt has complained over the phone but still they do nothing!my view is this,when she took out the insurance why did they not check the quality of the water in the system and tell her that they would not fix her boiler until the system had been cleaned?then maybe she wouldnt have took out the insurance or got the system cleaned first.also i have read the contract and it states in there that they would do a powerflush free of charge if the engineer did not tell you that it needed one prior to fixing the faulty parts,which they did not because they attempted to repair it 3 times before they even mentioned it,this is backed up by their own documetation,and this was only when they sent one of the seven engineers who was the only one in my opinion who knew what he was talking about!if you are a gas engineer you know as well as i do that you do not let ****ty water out of a system by manualy operating the pressure relief valve as this can only result in the valve failing afterwards due to deposits on the seat.also now it would appear that the expansion vesell is inoperative probably blocked up with th crap.not to mention that when they have stripped the boiler down they havn,t even replaced all the screws in the casing there are 4 missing.surely this is shoddy workmanship?these are giving good fitters a bad name arent they?oh! and its obvious that BG arent a charity when they make £571 million profit in ayear and then still put the prices up by 15%!!!!!

my halstead has just been "mended" and the problem was apparently the venturi - we shall see

Problem Solved!

I finally decided to get a Corgi registered chap in and called two different guys based on recommendations from friends.

cheers

Richard

Clear evidence that one good independent is worth seven BG engineers ( term used loosely ).

a typical case of ****ISH (sorry british) gas' handywork.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I see that this was a long time ago but it is the exact symptoms I am having with my Halstead at the moment. Did you sort it out yourself after getting the advice from Halstead or did your engineer do the work? I'm just wondering if it is something that I can tackle ie clean the venturi and removing the fan and so on, I'm pretty ok at DIY and have already replaced the detection / ignition electrode assembly.

Thanks,
Julie.

This site does not support diy gas work and opening the combustion chamber is a step too far.

Call out a corgi...normally an easy fix although the part has now been modified.

Our halstead has the same problem, locking out, despite calling in corgi guys to look. Will get someone to look at the venturi, thanks for the advice.

i had this problem for the last two years manage to get ripped off with a few engineers but finally an engineer who told me that the cause was the heat exchangers needed cleaning with an industrial strenght descaler ( if really bad may new heat exchanger ) he charged me £ 45 and boiler was back to new ( well it was with all the other parts changed from previous engineers ) i

The thread was started 4 years ago.

When a boiler is called Ace, Gold, Platinum, Finest whatnot, one wonders if build quality is suspect hence needs a 'super' name.

I've just been passed on a problem of a friend of a friend. I asked them to send me over boiler info and problems/symptoms etc. I Google it and came to this thread in here. This site and information never ceases to amaze me. I will go over and look at it, and go straight for the fan venturi. Thank you everybody who posted here. I hope it works.

I will go over and look at it, and go straight for the fan venturi. Thank you everybody who posted here. I hope it works.

Most fans have been replaced on these now so fan venturi shouldn't be an issue (venturi upgrade) , PCB is an issue on these (fan relay) aswell as OH stat tripping giving same symptoms.

Rectification issues are rife on these so will need a RGI to visit , if I had a pound for every electrode/lead set changed for no apparent reason i'd be a rich man. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back