Hammer for awkward places - Anyone used the cannonball one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I was trying to knock in cable clips in a tight space and really struggled (hammer was too big) - managed but it was a real pain...(literally as I managed to hit my fingers/hands a few times too...)

Since then I have been thinking about buying a smaller hammer - dithering over a small head or short handled one...(or both - but trying to keep a grip on my ever expanding tool collection)

Talking to someone about it they mentioned seeing one that had been on dragons den ages ago - have found it online- 'the cannonball hammer'.

Has anyone used one of these and what do you think of them?

(wondering if it would have worked on cable clips?)

At £18+ delivered I could get both of the others for less - but this seems like this might be more flexible...

Any thoughts? (Or other suggestions?)

Sponsored Links
Nah, load of carp :p
I have a "stubby" hammer for this from Maplin. Cost £4.99. Handle is slightly shorter than width of my fist, but I have largeish hands. Head is about 4oz. Just right for clips in difficult places.

I will let you know if its any good I am off to my shed to make one

I am back from the shed and it only took a few minutes to make. I bought a 2" metal ball at a car boot for 50p knowing it would be of some use one day, put it in the lathe and drilled a hole, pressed in a steel rod, a piece of small pipe and a few inches of garden hose and it works great

Sponsored Links
Ok ...don't think I can make one - don't have the right tools to... impressed that you did...but get the feeling that you feel £18 is a bit too steep...

Think I'll go for a 'stubby' short handled one - did see one in the TK maxx tool bit for £3.99...but resisted ...(mainly cos at the same time I bought a(nother) screwdriver set - had size 6 torx which I 'needed' to take apart my old failed hard drive to see how it worked/or could be repaired :rolleyes: ...)

Would still be interested to hear from anyone who had a canonball one - I thought sometimes the length might cause problems too...

mine is exactly the same, the way it works is to put the nail at an angle. looking at there web site it seems as they are only selling prototypes at the moment. it should cost no more than £4.99

What a stupid idea! (that hammer not the OP)

As for nailing into tight spaces, how will you get that hammer in if the space is tight?

In all my years, of tight spaces I can't think of one time when I would have needed this contraption, as there are always other ways and other things to hit nails with

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back