Hand driers fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been asked to have a look at a couple of hand driers that, and I quote "if I put the fuse in they start up but they don't stop". Just wondering if anyone has any pointers as to what to maybe look at.

Actually, just realised this is a useless post! At this moment in time I don't know the make, magic eye or hit a button etc. etc..

Watch this space!!

A red faced Scoby :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
soap/gunk deposits on the sensors / magic eye?

I've seen this either stop them working, or make them work constantly depending on the type of eye

a fingernail works well to clean them, doesn't scratch the eye like a screwdriver, and if it's really thick a wet wipe might not touch it (I'll admit it's a gross method though)

Sponsored Links
Forget the magic eye!! The pub was built in 1965, I think the hand driers must have been 2nd hand then!

Airflow Model No. (?) AFD HDM

They do indeed start up immediately a fuse is placed in the fcu.

Some makes of hand drier do start when power is first applied. They can stay on for what seems ages !

Some makes of hand drier do start when power is first applied. They can stay on for what seems ages !
I'll give that a go tomorrow, can't be ar*ed to go back round now, even though only next door but one, plus I'm getting funny looks when I walk out the laydees! (Carpet n heat? What's that all about!!)

Thinking logically you could well be right, as they are entirely separate (ladies, gents) and both have the same problem.

If the hoverers sprinkle while they tinkle it avoids a slip hazard.

Virtually any of the city pubs that I visit on a Friday night, the gents always looks like they've just opened the door and aimed at the urinals from there! I'll tell ya, my shoes are drier after I've nipped outside for a tab, even with half a foot of snow on the ground!

They look like bin fodder, time for some nice new ones.
I'll not disagree there. My first thought was "They'll add some weight to my scrap pile".

You just need to find some which are fairly robust as people in pubs tend to want to hit them, fall into them, take their anger out owing to their aunties goldfish dying on them etc.
Automatic ones are better than push/touch buttons as some people can't read :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back