Hand Rails?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a loft ladder installed, I have a balance problem and when I get to the top of the stairs I cannot step into the loft because I have nothing to hold on to. I would like to fit handrails both sides inside the loft attached to the joists that would extend up in to the loft.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You could fit a crude balustrade/spindle and hand rail arrangement either side as you enter the loft. A grab rail or hand rail could be fitted to the balustrades.

This arrangement could be fixed on three sides to make it rigid, the fourth side obviously being where you walk into the loft. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Something simpler and smaller could be formed but there is a risk that you could trip over it.

Sponsored Links
if the hatch is near the roof slope, you could fix a couple of posts to the sloping roof timbers above and the "floor" of the loft. this will more rigid than if just attached to the "floor"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back