hand saw (a proper one)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, has anyone noticed how tool quality has droped? anyway im sick of using hand saws that go blunt, cant be sharpened, dont have different cuts (cross, rip) ...... anyway does anyone know where i can get a hand saw that can be resharpened, has proper alloy steel, and most important, a Wood handle. i really do hate rubber / plastic handles. any help is welcome. thankyou.

Sponsored Links
thanks for reply, the second link only shows a search page, no results. However the first link is sort of what im after, the style of saw and the wood handle. Only thing what im not sure about with that saw, on axminsters site, is the price. Seems sort of cheap for what you get as my mate got a Spear and jackson saw smialar to the one on axminster only about 3-5 years ago and payed £70. but maby ill give on a try.

Sponsored Links
Only thing what im not sure about with that saw, on axminsters site, is the price. Seems sort of cheap .
It's rare to find someone these days who moans about things being too cheaply priced!!! The site in jasons post has some very nice saws, some dearer and some cheaper. What sort of pricerange were you thinking of paying?
The second link should have shown Lie-neilson saws but I seem to have cocked it up.

hi, thankyou for everyone who replied. The http://www.flinn-garlick-saws.co.uk/ is a good site with some good saws. and i agree with jason, i might go to some boot sales see whats there. i dont mind having to clean or shapen a saw as long as its a good one. i dont see any point in buying throw away saws, casue if you spend £40 per year on 4 saws over a life time that mounts up, but spending £60-90 on 1 top saw that looked after will last a lifetime. anyone agree with that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back