Hanging Ikea Pax carcass

Sponsored Links
Blimey, not sure I'd be keen on kipping on that bed unless I'd done the fitting myself!

it's on end of bed. If I had wardrobe to floor it'll take up space. Hanging it gives more space and allows more storage. Just looking for best fixing solution. The above DTC brackets are my favourite as I'm pushing against ceiling I'm not sure I could get brackets onto rails. It's just a 60cm wide 57 depth 180cm long cabinet. Which will just hold a few Shirts. 2 x shelves which will probably hold shoes.

I hung some B and Q bedroom wall cupboards (upside down, not that it matters) up to the ceiling when I did our bedroom - I used the brackets that came with them, which look the same as yours in the cupboards and I was able to pull them up to the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
Okay guys, just assembled carcass and was straight forward. Photos attached. On the rear you'll see 2 black knows. They slide into pre drilled holes at the top. They're meant for a cap to screw on either side to adjust from wall because if skirting boards. I don't need the caps. What I can do is get another pair for the bottom and maybe the middle which I'd have to drill holes myself and use corefix fixings. 120mm screws that will thread through from front into these black knobs into fixings in wall. The fixings are pretty much the best on market for dot and dab drywall. Your thoughts?

Attachments

• 20230212_210444.jpg
    20230212_210444.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230212_211310.jpg
    20230212_211310.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230212_210422.jpg
    20230212_210422.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 47
I hung some B and Q bedroom wall cupboards (upside down, not that it matters) up to the ceiling when I did our bedroom - I used the brackets that came with them, which look the same as yours in the cupboards and I was able to pull them up to the ceiling.
The brackets in the video? I'm happy to use them if they'd work.

The thought of a wardrobe hanging off a wall just doesn't fill me with joy. If I HAD to do it is opt for a french cleat across the top and a supporting bracket underneath.
Given it's an IKEA cabinet you'd have to be pretty confident in the weight of the wardrobe not sagging forward and pulling the carcass apart leaving the fixings in the wall.

Okay guys, just ordered 6 spares which are free apparently. This will spread the load. Firmly secure into dot and dab or straight into hollow wall and partly into thermalite blocks with above corefix fixings.

Attached photo. Surely these will be enough? Rather than fix in the middle by drilling other holes maybe put the spares, 2 extra ones in pre drilled holes at top and use 4 at the bottom? Maybe a baton in middle 1.5cm which will insert between edges, secured by 120cm corefix screw fixings. This carcass isn't going to budge, surely?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230212_221155_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230212_221155_Samsung Internet.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 36
GEEFIX fixings are the ones I'm going for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213_042616_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213_042616_Samsung Internet.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 34
My solution will be baton secure under carcass to support weight, and above fixings to hold carcass in place, 1.5cm baton behind hardboard to fill gap. Does anybody have any concerns with this or additional advice?

Last edited:
...secure into dot and dab or straight into hollow wall and partly into thermalite blocks with above corefix fixings.

..... This carcass isn't going to budge, surely?

A wardrobe may look like a lightweight bit of chipboard

But it will be filled with clothes and other items making it very heavy.

Ard you seriously planning to hang it off plasterboard?

John, sorry I'm not sure my posting is playing up.

A heavy tv is much heavier than this carcass. Many tvs are fixed to hollow walls. It's the fixings that are important.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back