Hanging kitchen cabinets on uneven wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about to install a new kitchen, but when i have offered up the wall units some don't fit fully flush with the walls. The gap ranges from 2mm - 5mm. How do i overcome this problem? I am not bothered about the middle units it's just the units at the end of the run where the decor end panel meets the wall , because this is the bit you will see

Cheers Jon

Sponsored Links
Jon - the decor panels are usually wider than the cupboards, this is so you can 'scribe' them into an uneven wall.

Method - hang the cupboards on the walls, check with spirit level & adjust as necessary. Next, offer-up the decor panel to the cupboard end & wall (keep the front edge of the panel vertical) then clamp the panel to the cupboard (scrap wood under the clamps so as not to mark the panels). Go to your old school geometry set, select a compass (complete with pencil), set the distance to equal the gap between the decor panel and the wall. Carefully slide the compass point up the wall so that the pencil marks a line on the panel - this line will be parallel to the wall. Un-clamp the panel & then cut along the line; this panel should then be a perfect fit to the wall & front edge of cupboards.

Take care when cutting the panels so to avoid damaging the laminate surface.

Thanks for your reply, but the decor end panels are just a swap for the existing white panels that came with the unit, so unfortunally they are no bigger so i am unable to scribe as you suggest, any other ideas?

Cheers Jon

Buy some large end panels, usually about 2500x650 and cut these to suit, screw to side of wall cabs from inside. If you cant get these panels then get base deco panels and cut them down.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd plaster the wall. If it's that much all over the shop then it will always look a bodge. Get your wall right and then offer up the cabinets to the smooth wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back