Hanging light pendant from glass roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have glass roof conservatory and I would like to hang a light pendant from it. I have the low profile metal beams that run from.back to front. The other end I have access to the lighting wore. So I am thinking I can run wire from there. However I am wondering what the best way to hang it would be? One option is to use self adhesive trunking and then run a long Flexi from the junction box down to the pendant. But wondering if the sticky back trunking adhesive will be able to hold it long term. Ive seen these trunkings come off in the past but that's mainly been because it takes plaster off with it. So if it gets a good bond it should be able to hold I think. Any idea? The pendant will just be a bulb holder with a lightweight cover

Sponsored Links
I assume the question is can you support the wiring with sticky back trunking.
The answer is if it's not an escape route yes at present, as long as it's not liable to cause a hazard. But if it's in an escape route it would need fixing that wouldn't drop in case of a fire.
That requirement will soon aplly to all overhead cables, so if you delay the work the answer would be not acceptable in any case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back