Has anyone been to Dublin recently?

• Thread starter Deleted member 105431
  • Start date
I thought the prices in Dublin were high until visited Ibiza this year and went to the famous Pacha club.

EUR60 entrance fee, Vodka Redbull EUR22 and a small bottle of water EUR12 :eek:

Thank God it was a one-off :cool:

Sponsored Links
I was there pre the euro currency and it wasn't any cheaper then. . . . .

full of east europeans including women out begging with kids at eleven at night.

I think it's a disgrace in our modern society that people are forced to beg in the streets. We should give them houses and benefits like any tolerant society does.

Joe GREAT IDEA I have some I am willing to pay the airfare ONE WAY to your house and let them all live with you THANKS MATE

Adapt a peasant Good call

I think it's a disgrace in our modern society that people are forced to beg in the streets. We should give them houses and benefits like any tolerant society does.

It's not our society Joe, It's Eire. But it won't be long before it's 'ere.

Sponsored Links
Begging is a 'career' with the vast majority of Romanian immigrants. They are very well organised into teams. They are not just doing it to scrape a living. Long before they were members of the EU one was falling over them as they sat around Piccadilly circus begging or trailed up and down the underground trains bugging passengers. AFAIK Ireland is one of the most generous governments when it comes to handing out benefits to immigrants and in fact I have read recently that so much money is being lost in fraudulent claims that they are thinking of making people go in person weekly to collect them as they are losing millions through claimants registering for social benefits in Ireland and then living in their own countries (notably Eastern Europe), just flying to Ireland every couple of months courtesy of Mr O'Leary to pick up the spoils. They probably do the same scam in UK.

There was an article a few years back stating the average NYC Begger was making over $40,000 a year TAX FREE.

One lady I met who was a begger told me she owned a house in Fla. that is why I never saw her in the winter months.

full of east europeans including women out begging with kids at eleven at night.

Roma gypsies don't beg because they have no alternative, they beg because it's part of their culture , a nine to five job paying taxes ect. is an anathema to them. We could round up all these people to-morrow and make them take proper jobs but they would just run away and start begging again thats why they should be kicked out of this country.

I read that a begger who was begging in central london had a sign round his neck which said 'wife and family to support please help, credit cards accepted' some people actually used their credit cards , within 24 hrs their cards had been cloned and being used in Eastern Europe, how can people be so silly.

Well I think it's a terrible situation when Gypsies are driven from their homes in Italy and the Czech Republic and have to seek sanctuary in the UK and Ireland. Where else can these poor people go? There are ten million of them scattered all over Europe and they are legally entitled to live in the UK for as long as they wish. They are legally entitled to our health and benefit system. Legally entitled to use our schools and to free housing.

Thankfully the following charities are helping the roma into Britain and giving them advice on benefits and housing.

The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund
Comic Relief
Department of Health OFV Grant (Volunteering England)
BBC Children-in-Need Appeal
Heritage Lottery Fund
Big Lottery Fund Grant (Young People Fund)

At least someone is doing their bit to help these poor people.

why don't you adopt some of these freeloaders if your that bothered joe 90?

How can you call a whole race freeloaders? Where is your humanity.

Beggars are freeloaders. Get a job like everyone else has to, they are parasites!

They are legally entitled to be here and share in everything your ancestors have created. We didn't have to join the social chapter of Europe - we chose to.

Sponsored Links
Back