Has the world gone mad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any one got a 1950 S1 Land rover kicking about??

A restored model rescued from the Australian out back went for

134 grand at auction :eek::eek::eek:

Jeez us wept :eek:

Sponsored Links
Any one got a 1950 S1 Land rover kicking about??
My tree surgeon mate has an old Landy that belongs on the scrap heap. He's had the chassis welded that many times that it now needs a new chassis. Massive job - £8k plus. He reckons it will be worth double when he gets it back.:eek:

My tree surgeon mate has an old Landy that belongs on the scrap heap. He's had the chassis welded that many times that it now needs a new chassis. Massive job - £8k plus. He reckons it will be worth double when he gets it back.:eek:

I know a tree surgeon who has 4 or 5, two are what I would call scrappers sitting in the corner of the yard, one's extensively modified for his work and two are just general workhorses, seems that no matter what you spend on them, they hold their value and more.

I'm quite fond of them, but that's as far as it goes. The Museum at Gaydon has quite a collection, not a million miles from you.

It's true..

There is a couple of things that help, the final production versions were upwards of 50k, depending on options etc could be in excess of 60k, then the re-sale market went crazy with them selling for upwards of 70k, this pushed the price of used ones up quite considerably.

Coupled with the fact that when everyone realised they couldn't buy them new the oldest versions suddenly became even more desirable especially to collectors.

The classic car market currently offers better returns on savings than the money being stashed in a bank, and so it's all spiralling out of control.

I'm still shocked to see cars that in the early 00's I could pick up for £50 tax and tested worth thousands

Sponsored Links
The classic car market currently offers better returns on savings than the money being stashed in a bank

not long term

the big price rise comes when people who wanted one when they were 16, hit 66 and have time and money to spare.

As the enthusiasts age, and drop off the perch, demand falls, and the number of restored examples being sold off by executors, widows or sons rises, so the price drops.

I should say we are now around peak price for E-types, Cortinas and Capris.

My mate has got 3 od land rovers

Wrecks tbh

But not a series 1 (S1)

Even the magazine editor was :eek: 134 grand Jeez us

Early 2 door range rovers with matching numbers are going for silly money

30 grand ish ( obviously in good order)

E type prices have dropped

Spares are silly money for classic jags

Body parts think. A bonnet is 7 grand plus vat

1. Y Fella in the CC was owed some money by a builder who died 3 grand his will needed sorting his widow offered him a motorcycle in payment his wife said no we will wait for the money we don't want some old bike around here Jeez us bike on. Offer was a DBD 34 gold star in clubman trim in immaculate condition :eek: probably going by the pics worth over 30 grand :eek: that's what comes of listening to yer missis

E type prices have dropped

manufactured between 1961 and 1975.

So the 16-year olds with a poster of Samantha Fox and a poster of an E-type above the bed would now be 61 to 96

Still some around but their numbers are declining.

When were trannies popular?

1956 bike

let's suppose the owner was born in 1940

Not so many fans for that bike still astride them.

• Transam fire birds 2nd generation were manufcturerd between 1970 ish to 1981 / 82 they then went on to the 3rd generation

Sponsored Links
Back