Haunting Questions

see your using too many words again. Its a muffin. Yours is the later version so it will be an american muffin, but ours came first so they are just muffins. (must have come first because we colonised you lot!) :D

Oh and whilst were on it its not soccer its football. just because you dress up like a robot to play a game in case you get hurt, doesnt mean you can steal the name of it. So there! :D

Sponsored Links
Bacon here is either streaky (lots of fat) from the belly of the pig, or back bacon (more meat, little fat). Rather like the shape of a sirloin steak, but cut very thin.

The bacon in the picture looks streaky to me,but there is a bit of tomato on it.

mlb3c said:
if the bacon is NOT streaky, then what would it be....never heard (saw) it described this way....unless bacon is different there also :confused:

Our standard cut of bacon is back bacon.

BaconRlessGreenBack.gif

This is streaky bacon (covering a chicken)

chicken_roast_fast2.jpg

the muffins I've had in Wyoming are small sweet cakes :confused:

blueberry muffins, etc.

Sponsored Links
Here we are:

Mr Blobby is sitting on what I would call a muffin (I'm English and live in England so if I bought one at an English shop I wouldn't call it an English Muffin. It would be as ridiculous as going to a food shop in Scotland and asking for some Scotch Eggs ;) ) This is the sort baked by the muffin man who lives in Drury Lane for hundreds of years. It is a cheap bread item and can be baked on a tin without needing a large bread oven.

Behind him is a sweet little cake, with Blueberries, which in Wyoming USA has been given to me under the name "Muffin"

POL_0163.jpg

In the background is my Aunt's old cookery book, which tells me Muffin dough (flour, water, yeast, salt) is put into muffin rings, and turned over half-way through cooking, which explains their round, flat shape). It also tells me that Crumpets are cooked in rings, but their mix is poured as runny mix, of flour, milk, water, yeast, salt, bicarbonate of soda, and the rings are put on a greased griddle to cook.

JohnD said:
mlb3c said:
Interestingly....we call these "English" muffins :LOL:

istockphoto_1383338_toasted_english_crumpet_with_melting_butter_against_whiteon.jpg

In England we call that a crumpet.

This is also a muffin

muffin-col.jpg

Lots of people used to like muffin' the mule.[/quote]

Before it became an offence :evil:

Back