Have Building control fees gone up lately?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have just got a price from a private Building control firm and its over £200 higher than I was expecting. So ive looked at the councils website and I was suprised by the prices. They have a page stating that there has been a new set of prices since the 1st of Jan 2021.

So I wondered if any of you guys know anything about this. Is it common throughout the counrty?

I am aware the amount and type of work done is a factor.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Local authorities fix their own charges. Providing they can justify the charges they are free to increase fees from time to time.

Hello I have just got a price from a private Building control firm and its over £200 higher than I was expecting.

£200 more than what... a fee provided by LABC or just a random figure you’ve plucked out the air?

I got a couple of quotes for some work I did on my daughters house from some private inspectors, one of them from one of the lads I worked with for 20 years in local government who lived just a couple of miles away, still couldn't get any where near to the LA quote. At least it saved me the embarrassment of using a private inspector trying to save a few quid.

Sponsored Links
£200 more than what... a fee provided by LABC or just a random figure you’ve plucked out the air?
£200 more than the last time I applied.

So I assume from the replies theres not been a particular price rise acroos the board starting this year.

So I assume from the replies theres not been a particular price rise acroos the board starting this year.
Each authority sets its own fees and any timing of revues of fees are down to each individual authority, there is no set time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back