Having a nightmare with wall mounted toilet!

I 'think' the fixing is like a plasterboard rawlplug thing - you get the threaded bars screwed onto the steel frame, set the black plastic bits to roughly the right 'depth' from the tile backing board.
Push wc pan onto wall, hear a click from both black bits as they grip the pan...
..then wonder how the hell you're going to get it off again.
Stupid, stupid idea if you ask me.
I wouldn't sit on one!

Sponsored Links
I think GP is probably not too far off the mark

Fix bolts - place plastic bush with captive finger into hole from inside the pan.

Then the fun begins, you have to align the soil the flush pipe and the two bolts into the two captive held plastic bush, these also have to insure they don't misalign the allen screw with the hole so you can tighten them.

Guess they don't like plumbers in the factory were they designed the pan

Good luck!

pic for a section of fixing View media item 31360

Thanks for all the replies. Finally got the toilet hooked up!

It was ridiculously tricky! The problem is when sliding the toilet the threaded rods tended to push the bluck rocket connecting back intowards the toilet and the would just drop down to the floor!

Anyways, know what im doing now

Thanks again

I've just installed one of these toilets with the exact same problems as you have reported. The design is fundamentally flawed because the 'prongs' that are meant to hold the black connectors from falling out do not work at all.

I add this comment just in case someone does find the 4 year old thread (as I did just today) because the 'solution' we came up with was to each hold a allen key through the hole in to the black fitting whilst at the same time pushing the toilet on to the frame. The allen keys effectively hold the black fittings in place and ensure that the threaded rod does not simple push them off.

An utter, utter pig of a job! I'd be faster doing another, but this was a nightmare - especially because the instructions make absolutely no mention of this type of toilet fitting design.

You live and learn. Hopefully this post will help some other poor sod in the future who can use the allen key trick ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi,

i've recently bought a cistern and having a slightly different issue. The bolts that screw into the frame are a little loose, are they supposed to be loose? i've been trying to fix the pan back but concerned its not going to be secure.

any help would be appreciated!
thanks.

are people expecting to hold the pan up with a fixing relying on a expansion rubber joint in a ceramic hole ? ( if i read it right ) let alone someone sitting on it .
put a picture up of the frame in position as well with pan back showing beside it,

Hi,

i've recently bought a cistern and having a slightly different issue. The bolts that screw into the frame are a little loose, are they supposed to be loose? i've been trying to fix the pan back but concerned its not going to be secure.

any help would be appreciated!
thanks.
Do you mean there is a captive nut fixed to the frame and the bolt wobbles as it screws in ? a picture would help;)

No there is a threaded rod per below photo, but when its screwed into the frame, its loose. Should it have a locking nut before the pan is installed?

Getting the pan onto the thread is not easy as discussed above, but i'm wondering it the thread is a little loose, how secure is it going to be? Will the cam lock / connector really be enough if the rod is loose?

Sorry can't see a photo - but generally a coarse thread will be looser than a fine one - but will be stronger against pulling forces and easier to get a nut started on

93tywuM12ktNFKCum1Gx8eSwwyahOnUFpUzxSLVXjwAsUVZTiCEGAg7df4bP0geVzY_lwO4lgoc686GmP3OV2X-fHDaFi4YqwHNeXvTALQLHtclLZthUV0hYu6rav5mBUnQxmihd9nLg_bUoUoJWhenjDy9Qq56QdTnkO2F8Df5PHhaq5YfnaU4vFBlL8FxYAnnAgJyT-MXE_4esFHG9lg

Look at the picture. Aint it bleeding obvious where the bolts go?
Is it tiled in?

It amazes me that people with little or no practical ability attempt these things.

It amazes me that people with little or no communication skills use communication forums.

AGAS sorry i originally uploaded the pics to the media section and put links to these in the thread above, sounds like the links didn't work, but they did for me? anyhoo i've stitched them into the reply this time. Sorry haven't used forums before.

And just to clarify, its the threaded bolt thats loose in the frame that i'm concerned about. Installing the pan onto the bolts is obvious, although it's proving difficult as the plastic locking mechanism pushes out of the pan too easily, and i'm not sure that a cam lock connection will pull the pan firmly against the tile. Doesn't seem a great design?

thanks.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_4539.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back