Having my dog put down tomorrow, am I a murderer?

our 18 yo dog was just in the pain at the end, poor animal was crying even when putting the needle into his vein, me with my mother, both there crying holding him, he started to throw up from that liquid going to his veins:/ for me the worst was to see him in that extra pain when dying.

just got drunk with mum that evening.
I'm sure that was just a coincidence, normally it's just like going to sleep, your beloved pet, would not have experienced any extra pain, don't beat yourselves up, you did the right thing.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
It has been a week now.

I have toasted her memory.

Memory can be a cruel,yet, comforting thing.i have poured over old photos, weeping like a sore. But, all photos from the last year I had her, are pictures are her sitting/laying down.

I had a long time to morn her, yet still miss her.

I am now certain, i'm not a murderer. And hope I have the strength to help my other girls - GOD FORBID THAT ANYWHERE SOON!

hi all, i must stop reading these posts!, not been a week yet for me :( , and i buried her on friday, i am weeping so o o much. Totally understand the fotos thing, i have put my cat pix up as screensavers, not sure if it helps. I am 99% sure i did the right thing, its just that 1%. Can neva go thru this again but 'we' had a wonderful life, needless to say my diy projects and most other stuff for that matter are taking a back seat. pets hey, happy i,m not the only one coming to terms with this, much love x

Sponsored Links
Apologies for my last post. I hope this one is more coherent.

Jenneedshelp, I'm sure you did the right thing. My pain lessens each day, her memory is still as strong. We both worry, could we have kept them another day; but that would of been for us!

Heart felt feelings for your loss :(

Don't be too hard on yourself. Over the years, you've done the best for her, and no doubt this has been repaid tenfold - not that us pet owners are looking for a specific payback. It's just the bond that exists.
You have to steal yourself to do one last thing for her. The most difficult thing you can do, but unfortunately necessary. That's the tough end of the deal with pets, but we keep doing it

That is a necessary evil. That is the best thing to do for her

Sponsored Links
Back