can we bury dog in garden

Sponsored Links
kendor...!!!!
bad man!!!
but refreshing... my mam is devasted... been on phone tonight.. he is like a partner gone..
my mam cant bear it in the house without him being there..

I am sad too..

but I need a break.

It's never easy losing any pet.

I have buried all my animals in my garden and as least you know where they are.

Burial at sea by Kadoosh...
Body bagged up in sack with some bricks ...
Down the harbour, off the wall ..... kadoosh !
Say a few words like.. "'kin cold 'ere innit?" Then down the pub for the wake.
Job done.
;)

Sponsored Links
empip
lol.... nice one .. or sit on someones porch .. curled up like ... ;)

If this is a serious thread btw , No Vet lets any animal be disposed off ..... "by the local knacker yard! "
as you put it ..lol
Fact is by law they need to supply/offer a cremation service .... :)

of course its a serious thread!

The vets use a company who collect alive or casualty or dead animals.
some of these they apparently render down for well... I dont know what.

The animals from the vets are cremated in the incinerator here.

I have been however to this place, (to do with farms years ago)and saw how the animals were chucked on a big pile.

toffee
I can tell you here an now NO vet allows this ....

"The vets use a company who collect alive or casualty or dead animals.
some of these they apparently render down for well... I dont know what"

ALL vets humanely put down animals ...FACT ..lol

maybe this vet is not a vet at all ..but a butcher from Royston Vasey ..lol lol

aren't dead animals classed as hazardous meat waste? I thought if you left them at the vets, they had to freeze them and have them incinerated. New laws came in last year about meat waste, i dont know if this has affected anything.

sorry moz...
misunderstanding.

I didnt mean that the vets would let any pets go away alive to the knacker yard.

(the casualty bit was about cows and sheep.. when they cant get up.)

I meant that when they(vet) say they can dispose of the pets body by cremation it means they go in a bin liner on the knacker wagon to be incinerated.
If I hadnt seen the place, I would have been ok about it.

crafty1289
I dont know about freezing them?

but the pamphlet I got says all dead animals are burnt /cremated when left in the care of the vet ...

toffee
"casualty bit was about cows and sheep.. when they cant get up"

well arent they humanely ? killed by a bolt gun ? surely ...

captive bolt... yes.

but Im telling you it aint always the case.
there are laws about transporting casualty animals and what needs to be culled on site...
this may have changed recently.

There are licences etc to do with all this... but the reality is... your pet is chucked about and we didnt want that to happen.

Animal cruelty and knacker yards etc is a whole topic Moz.
Idid some training in the past for a different job in an abbatoir.. bloody horrendous.

I would like to add here...

not all places will be like this.

It was insensitive and wrong of me to say what I have said on this post.

People leave their loved ones ( pets) with the vets and what I happened to see years ago is not how things will be these days.

I am very sorry if I have caused uneccesary hurt to anyone who may have lost a pet.

I cant believe how selfish and silly ( in the current climate here) it was of me.

It my one off experience and I cannot say that it is like that now.
I am certain it wont be.

please ignore my comments about the vets.

oohh, I could just rub that fat fluffy tummy and wait for the purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

This is from the environment agency NetRegs site
Dead Animals

Normally, owners will take back their dead pet and either bury it or have it cremated. Burial of pets by their owners is a permitted exemption under the Animals By-Product Regulations. However, the burial of animal carcasses from business activities such as rescue homes and unclaimed carcasses from kennels and catteries is prohibited under the Landfill Regulation. You should not bury dead pets (that are not your own pets) on the site of your kennel or cattery.

If owners do not wish to have their pets returned to them, you should use a registered waste carrier for disposal of dead cats and dogs etc. Under the Duty of Care, you need to ensure that they are disposed of at a licensed animal crematorium or pet cemetery.

I did a check on this as I am no longer allowed to bury fallen stock on my farm and wasn't sure on the position of "pets".

Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Back