Haynes manuals, end of an era.

Remember being very ****ed-off 20 years ago ( yes, the anger remains !) when changing a brake-disc on my Vectra using the Haynes manual, and when I came to unscrew the disc, I needed a hex or Torx head ( moderately unusual for the DIYer back then ) ? Had to re-assemble everything and rush to Halfords on a late Saturday afternoon to get the relevant bits.

Complained to Haynes, but got meaningless nonsense back. In fairness I can see that manufacturers can alters things, but Haynes could have specified components and added " as at xx/xx "

Sponsored Links
I recall steps in a dismantling sequence needed to be checked before embarking on a project, otherwise you might be faced with this scenario :-
1) Undo bolt A.
2) Move part B to one side.
3) Unclip part C.
4) Before moving part B, make sure to remove spring D to prevent loss of washers E.
5) ......

Remember being very ****ed-off 20 years ago ( yes, the anger remains !) when changing a brake-disc on my Vectra using the Haynes manual, and when I came to unscrew the disc, I needed a hex or Torx head ( moderately unusual for the DIYer back then ) ? Had to re-assemble everything and rush to Halfords on a late Saturday afternoon to get the relevant bits.
I did my brothers clutch on a Cavalier, had to stop job and go out and buy some of those 12 splined jobs to get on with it, easy job though, one of those where you don't have to seperate the G/box.

Sponsored Links
Back