HD TV

BOB.DOLE said:
I have a 82 inch lcd tv i won it in america on a game show i happened to volentier they say there are only 50 in the world so they say, it cost them $350 to ship it to the uk, and to be honest it looks stupid in my front room has it is quit small. i am thinking of selling it and buy a smaller one.

. . . . yeah bob. ok. wakey wakey. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Samsung launched an 82-inch LCD panel in Seoul on March 6. The South Korean company says the product is the world's largest full high-definition LCD television screen. Mass production is still at least 18 months away; no pricing was given.

Credit: Samsung

Agile said:
Samsung launched an 82-inch LCD panel in Seoul on March 6. The South Korean company says the product is the world's largest full high-definition LCD television screen. Mass production is still at least 18 months away; no pricing was given.

Credit: Samsung
Can I have one please? Come on, it was my birthday on Monday!

Seriously though, I currently have a 28" Philips widescreen CRT. It does me perfectly well, but I have been eyeing up the LCD and Plasma offerings for some time. To be honest, I'm just waiting for the prices to drop, but with Plasma having dropped from £2000 to £800 in the last year, perhaps now is the time.

I have a few simple requirements:

1. I'd prefer LCD to Plasma. For 2 reasons: most importantly, I've been told that LCD is much, much better quality, and secondly I'm told an LCD screen is a lot lighter than a Plasma - an important factor when you live in a stupidly built place like mine where all the walls are plasterboard and not a lot else.

2. I want HD.

3. I would like a screen size of 32" or more, purely so as to be an upgrade from my current 28" set.

4. I have a budget of £1000 absolute maximum. (I mean that - in actual fact I have a budget of about £400 but I can justify getting the rest on finance as I'm not currently running a car so it would be in lieu of my insurance payments!)

What would your recommendations be?

Sponsored Links
Back