He He Call Centre Revenge!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the usual this afternoon with the business phone going. Answer it wait a few seconds, then here a click (oh here we go a call centre trying to sell me something i think) Conversation goes as follows:-

Call centre: Hello can i speak to the person in charge of telephones please?

Me: Your speaking to him.

CC: Oh we are offering a deal on your phone tariffs (all in very broken english)

Me: Thats funny im offering a deal on garden maintenance and landscaping, would you like to know all about it?

CC: Im sorry im offering you a deal on your telephones

Me: Ah im obviously speaking to the wrong person, can i speak to your head of facilities then, im offering some very good deals on landscaping of your office at the moment

CC: no sir you dont understand im offering you..

Me:No you plainly dont understand, your wasting my time so ill waste yours, goodbye

May have taken longer than putting the phone down, but very very satisfying to hear the total confusion at the other end! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That's mean, he/she's only trying to earn a crust :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

we get that at our shops, they used to be independants before the chain took them over a few years ago, still get phone calls all the time from companies wanting to sell us something.

"can i speak to your head of IT please sir?" "hello sir we are offering very good deals on company mobile phones" and? i can help you how exactly? here, i'll put you thru to the phone's base. :rolleyes:

its a pity we don't sell thigns over the phone, i'd love to try that one day thermo! good one! i could try telling him about our offers - "we have some good deals on groceries too" "but . . but . . " "bread rolls 2 for £1, rola cola 8 litres for 40p :LOL: , do you want directions to our shop?"

another way is to keep saying "that sounds very interesting, please go on" and allow them to babble on for as long as you can bare then when it gets to the crunch bit and they ask for your details just reply " no thank you the deal sounds rubbish and i'm not the slightest bit interested in it, i'm just wasting your time, how many sales would you have had , had i not wasted your time talking to me?" to which you can then hang up with a smug smile on your face.

Sponsored Links
good one thermo. ill have do do that next time someone phones me!

yes go on all do it, we can start something here. it really does throw them off track! revenge revenge!

Thermo said:
yes go on all do it, we can start something here. it really does throw them off track! revenge revenge!

last call i got was form some phone company offering free calls. said they are phoning people who have a BT line since you need a BT line to get this service. after a few mins i told him to i wasnt interested, since i was with telewest. he said, 'oh, but your down here as BT so you must have just changed' told him he should get the right records first, since we went to telewest about 8-10 years ago

andy said:
Thermo said:

last call i got was form some phone company offering free calls. said they are phoning people who have a BT line since you need a BT line to get this service. after a few mins i told him to i wasnt interested, since i was with telewest. he said, 'oh, but your down here as BT so you must have just changed' told him he should get the right records first, since we went to telewest about 8-10 years ago

LOL same thing happens to me all the time, they dont seem to want to belive me when I tell them I'm not with BT.

Thermo, that is very funny! Will have to give it a go myself. :D :eek: :LOL: :p

Last week I got a call at work from a woman trying to get me to pay £30/month for internet advertising. I told her I wasn't really interested but she carried on and as I wasn't doing anything taxing I put her on the speakerphone and let her carry on. I answered all her questions about what we did etc and even let her send 2 texts to my mobile to demonstrate how the website could text you with the info you required. After 15 minutes I told her I had to go as I needed to do some work. She sounded surprised and asked me (once again) if I was interested in their product. When I told her I wasn't she asked me why I had been wasting her time and then she hung up!

I get quite a lot of these type of calls and usually if they ask to speak to the manager or the owner I say only if they are buying and not selling. Sometimes they say they are not selling they are just informing me of a service so I ask if it's a free service.

The funny thing is that I have 2 phone numbers listed under different business names and quite often the second line rings about a minute after I have put down the first one, with the same operator asking the same questions, whether or not I have been winding them up the first time around.

Any suggestions as to how I could completely mess their head up as I already know exactly what they will say and what they are selling?

petewood said:
Any suggestions as to how I could completely mess their head up as I already know exactly what they will say and what they are selling?

1st call: find out exactly how they work. what they say to your replies etc.

2nd call: read their minds. tell them for a price, youll teach them how to do it.

:LOL:
I always ask for their phone number as it's always withheld

"Sorry can't give you that"

Why not?

"Company policies"

So I can't ring you back If I'm interested? Goodbye.

The trouble is they never go away and always come back, so since I've signed up to tspsonline which is free, since then no more cold calling from the last 6 months :D

Thermo said:

But I don't do landscaping..... :cry: ;)

Sponsored Links
Back