Headight Bulb Replacement Audi A3 1.6 TDI 2009

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Been trying to replace the Headlight Bulb on my Audi A3 but cannot get my hands in to the opening to take out old bulb and replace! The space is very, vary small to get my hand in. Does any one know a simple way of getting the old bulb out and new one in please?

Many Thanks

Caesar

Sponsored Links
Halfrauds? For the first time in 30odd years I was unable to change a car bulb myself, a Mk7 Golf headlight and I had a Megane before that, could not for the life of me get a purchase on the darn thing and able to turn it so finally resigned to trudging off to Halfrauds, the bloke must have spent 40mins struggling to do it but fair play he was successful, reckoned it had been installed on the **** hence it being jammed, stupid design, shift the battery back 10mm would have made all the difference. Probably why the last person installed it incorrectly.

Hi All

One of the WORST jobs I have ever encountered! There is no space to comfortably change a Light Bulb! Who ever designed this car gave absolutely no thought as to how headlight bulbs could be changed on this car whatsoever! No thought was given to what should have been a very simple task.

Two ways to do this. One way is to take off the wheel arch liner partially or fully allowing access to the headlight unit. This is matter of taking off 5 to 6 tori screws.

I choose the hard way as accidentally dropped a few tools which required the whole bumper to be removed. This was a joke in itself as there are 3 bolts to be undone at the top and the middle bolt's nut of fixing was rusted on solid! Tried everything to loosen it and eventually had to cut that bolt off. VW / Audi must have spent all of 5 pence on that bolt fixing! extremely poor quality fixing.

Once the bumper is off better to take out the headlights and install new bulbs. Finally got the job done but took far too long just to change headlight bulbs all down to very, very poor design leaving hardly if any any access to get hand access.

Thanks All

BR

Caesar

Sponsored Links
Back