Health 'n' safety!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I can't think that render and paint will salvage that, to any great extent.
Are you implying that the existing flat roof dormer on the front is a thing of beauty?

Are you implying that had the builders been white British that the rear extension would have looked better?

Nice brickwork :eek: Looks like they're getting the job they've paid for, and deserve.
What other observations have you made?

I can see a few things that indicate they aren't as green as they are cabbage looking.

Can you Spuey?

I can't think that render and paint will salvage that, to any great extent.
Are you implying that the existing flat roof dormer on the front is a thing of beauty?

Bit of a tangent there, Nosey :confused:

Are you implying that had the builders been white British that the rear extension would have looked better?

What on earth have you been smoking, to get to there, from where we started?

FWIW, I reckon there's a very good chance that mine, yours, and the blokes on the roof's turds are all pretty much the same :)

At least the extension roof is pitched, not flat. Who ever started the fashion for flat roofs in Britain?

Was he doing an Eastern European cavity fill in one shot :eek:

Look more like Indian chaps, than EEs.
Perhaps Noseall was combining your irrational assumptions together to arrive at a reasonable query for your irrational assumptions?

Let ma make it more plain for you: You assumed that the builders were not indigenous British, therefore that led you to assume that their work was inferior quality.
Let me make it more plain for you: only the BC will/can have a judicious opinion of the quality of the work. Assuming the house owner is of reasonable intelligence, they will be aware of the legal requirements, and, if not, I'm sure, so will the neighbours who appear to be objecting to the work.

Was he doing an Eastern European cavity fill in one shot :eek:

Look more like Indian chaps, than EEs.
Perhaps Noseall was combining your irrational assumptions together to arrive at a reasonable query for your irrational assumptions?

Let ma make it more plain for you: You assumed that the builders were not indigenous British, therefore that led you to assume that their work was inferior quality.
Let me make it more plain for you: only the BC will/can have a judicious opinion of the quality of the work. Assuming the house owner is of reasonable intelligence, they will be aware of the legal requirements, and, if not, I'm sure, so will the neighbours who appear to be objecting to the work.

Let me make it plain for you - I merely pointed out that the people in the photo looked not like eastern europeans to me, and more like Indians.
Perhaps the OP can provide clarity on this?

And you accuse others of ad hominem attacks.....

The operatives are of Indian/Asian origin, so is the client.

RNReindeer, where do get the idea from that the neighbours appear to be objecting to the loft conversion from? I'm not.

The whole reason I started the thread was to highlight the unsafe building practices.

My background; I'm 52 year old, male, self employed electrician, who has worked on variety of site/jobs over the years from British Steel plants to changing a lamp for a little old lady. Also worked for a few loft conversion firms, so from the comfort from my own home I can be entertained and maybe entertain a few fellow tradesmen with a few photo's of bodgit & scarper in action!

FWIW, I reckon there's a very good chance that mine, yours, and the blokes on the roof's turds are all pretty much the same :)
Fair point.

It's just that some posters are criticising the work without really looking at the work. Rather, they are just focusing on the people doing the work and assuming it's rubbish.

The clueless blatherings of Spuey and Eddie M, are typical of the above paragraph.

Let me make it more plain for you: only the BC will/can have a judicious opinion of the quality of the work.

Oh so wrong RNR. BC only inspect work to make sure it passes the building regulations in force at the time of the build. Nothing to do with quality (if you look at the crap being turned out on building sites at the moment)
The work a BC inspects either passes or fails building regs. If something fails, it's not necessarily the quality of the work at fault, but the quality of the materials used.

Sponsored Links
Back