Heat-Com Underfloor Heating Controller.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Don't know whether I've posted this in the Right Section or not, but here it goes....

Daughter has recently moved into a New Rental Property & has found that she has Underfloor heating in the Kitchen....She Can't seem to Control the Settings Using the Controller mounted on the Wall, It seems to be on All the time, which will obviously affect her Bills!!!!!

Does anyone recognise the Controller? All it says is heat-com & Nothing Else, Don't even know whether it's a Mat or Pipes......

Would it have a Separate Feed from the CU or be Spured?

So If anyone has any idea on the Model Number or can point us in the direction of an Online Manual or can give some clues on how to Switch it Off or Change the Settings, it would be appreciated....

Attachments

• IMG_2125.JPG
    IMG_2125.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 2,114
Sponsored Links
Your daughter should ask the landlord for (a copy of) the instructions. Unless something is really obvious (eg the basic mechanical wall stat where the only operation is to turn the dial to the desired temperature) then instructions should be provided.
If the controls are not obvious/simple/intuitive then something without instructions, and hence cannot be used, cannot realistically be said to be provided - so there's an argument that the landlord is not providing a working heating system in that room.
And I say that as a landlord - I find it "annoying" to be sharing an occupational title with people who can't be bothered with simple things like this :(

Your daughter should ask the landlord for (a copy of) the instructions. Unless something is really obvious (eg the basic mechanical wall stat where the only operation is to turn the dial to the desired temperature) then instructions should be provided.
If the controls are not obvious/simple/intuitive then something without instructions, and hence cannot be used, cannot realistically be said to be provided - so there's an argument that the landlord is not providing a working heating system in that room.
And I say that as a landlord - I find it "annoying" to be sharing an occupational title with people who can't be bothered with simple things like this :(

Thanks for Your Reply....She has asked her Landlord, Who says that the Underfloor heating was Installed by one of the Previous Tenants, with his Consent & He has No Idea where the Instructions are.....A Google Search Doesn't bring any Joy Either....No Comparable Images of the Controller, If I could just find what Model it is, at least that's a Start......Currently it is on 24/7 Which may cost her a small Fortune.....

Would it have a Separate Feed from the CU or be Spured?
Could be either. Are there any other switches nearby, in a cupboard, other side of the wall, etc.?
If not, turning off the circuit breakers in the consumer unit one at a time will at least indicate which circuit it is connected to.

the Underfloor heating was Installed by one of the Previous Tenants, with his Consent & He has No Idea where the Instructions are
A feeble answer from a landlord that clearly couldn't care less.
If a tenant installed it, then other questions include - Has the heating been properly installed? Is is safe? Could it burst into flames at any moment, or electrocute people?

Has the property had any kind of electrical or gas inspection ever?

Sponsored Links
Could be either. Are there any other switches nearby, in a cupboard, other side of the wall, etc.?
If not, turning off the circuit breakers in the consumer unit one at a time will at least indicate which circuit it is connected....

That is what I was going to do as a last Resort, when I can get to the Property next week sometime....

A feeble answer from a landlord that clearly couldn't care less.
If a tenant installed it, then other questions include - Has the heating been properly installed? Is is safe? Could it burst into flames at any moment, or electrocute people?
Indeed, and my first thought was "WTF ?" While it's not likely, if a tenant approached me with any sort of similar proposition then I'd be wanting to agree in advance exactly what was to be done and by whom, and ensure that I got all the relevant documentation. Really really no excuse for that sort of thing.

he might be capitalising Nouns. Perhaps he is German, or from the 18th Century.

It was only when I learned other languages that I realised why some old books had seemingly random capitals.

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know....I contacted "heat-com", which is now heatcom & is based in Denmark...The sales department sent me an installation & user guide for the thermostat, which is an atria.....I have forwarded the manual onto my daughter, so hopefully she can now disable the heating temporarily.....

Thanks for everyone's help & advice.....

he might be capitalising Nouns. Perhaps he is German, or from the 18th Century.
I wondered that, but a high proportion of his capitalised words are not nouns.

However, I think that we can all (perhaps 'nearly all'!) agree that the capitalisation does not in any way detract from meaning!

Kind Regards, John

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know....I contacted "heat-com", which is now heatcom & is based in Denmark...The sales department sent me an installation & user guide for the thermostat, which is an atria.....I have forwarded the manual onto my daughter, so hopefully she can now disable the heating temporarily.....

Thanks for everyone's help & advice.....

Hi Grzyb.
Are you able to send me the documentation aswell?

++++++
contact details removed
mod

see rule 4 https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/forum-rules-general-info.19448/

+++++

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Grzyb,
I too have this model Any chance of sharing the instructions you managed to get hold of?

Kind regards
Sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back