heat exchanger for worcester 24cbi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my heat exchanger on my non condenser 24cbi is leaking and needs replacing.its only 7 yrs old but cant seem to find any stockists of parts. is it worth fixing and how hard a job is it? what may be the best current direct replacement be?

Sponsored Links
Are you quite sure the HE itself is leaking and not just the connections to it?

They should be available from the usual boiler spares stockists.

Tony

definately a crack in the HE. i cannot find a supplier stocking any parts for the 24cbi. it all seems to be condenser models.

Look in yellow pages for a local boiler spares stockist as I wouldn't like to have a lump of cast iron couriered to me.

Part no. 87161217000 but check. You will also require the O rings and its probably best to replace the manifolds (as they are plastic ?) and I've heard (from Worcester service eng.'s) that they are prone to leakage.

Heat ex should be around £200.00

Sponsored Links
are you sure you need a heat exchanger,these boilers are prone to leaky o rings most would of been covered by warranty they normally failed around 12/18 months,if the boiler has been installed correctly they are a relatively easy job infact changing the he is a gift

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back