Heated Mirror for bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've run a lighting cable down the wall in the plaster and now looking at a heated mirror.

Has anyone got advice on which one to go with. Buy a complete package, or buy a separate heated pad and mirror?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Compact,
Depends if you want a Cabinet, Fixed Size mirror or Special sized mirror. I have only fitted myself so no experiance on bough items. Note that electricity should be done by an electrician.

I have bought from here before: http://www.warmfloorsonline.com/mirror-demisters/ and then pleased off the backing paper and stuck onto back of a mirror that I had bought. Meant that I got exactly the size mirror I wanted and was not too expensive. My recollection of issues are:
- The heater pad I got was smaller than the mirror (square pad, rectangular mirror). This was good as saved electricity, but bad as I was worried some areas would not demist. Upon use some areas do not de-mist straight away, but this is not an issue as I put the pad where my face is, and after a bit of time other areas clear .
- The heater pad cable is about 4mm thick so I used rubber tap washers between mirror and wall where screws are to hold mirror off wall a bit.
- Mirrors go black at bottom is the rear has not been properly treated, https://www.framemymirror.com/blog/black-edges-on-mirrors-why-it-happens-and-what-to-do/ So fo me the mirror I bough at a Shed started to go black at bottom. When I bought another mirror from local company they asked me if it was for a bathroom and did I want back treated so it should not go black (first I had heard of this). Cost me an extra £10 I think.
SFK

Thank for the reply, yes looking to buy a mirror and then a separate pad.
Thanks for the tips and confidence that they work ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back