heater control tripped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my heater control at home has tripped out its gone through the fused spur and cut out at the cu.... ive flicked it back on at the cu and ill put a new fuse in the fused spur and ill presume it'll work again.. what my question is is why did it trip out in the first place? its never done it before.

Sponsored Links
Had the fuse blown?

What sort of heater is it? What rating?

What device actually tripped at the CU? What is written on it?

If something has happened which is bad enough to blow the fuse then I doubt it will be as simple as replacing a fuse to make it work again :cry:
I for one always want to know why something has happened i.e. what caused the fuse to blow. There is always a reason why!

the heating control for my back boiler (the digital control for setting the on/off times) there is a single mcb at the cu labelled boiler & program. that tripped out and also the fuse spur for the control has blown. i have now flicked the switch at the cu back on and replaced the fuse so it is working again now... but why it went in the first place i dont know, the heating wasnt even on at the time??? :confused:

Sponsored Links
How old was the fuse? it's not unknown for a fuse to go for no reason except its age, if its been running close to blowing level for a while.

ive no idea how old the fuse is ive lived here a year and never changed it, even if it was just a old fuse would it still trip out the mcb as well?

Just the same way a blown bulb can trip it. Some fuses are so cheap it's not worth buying them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back