Heating not going off on timer

Suggest you go back to putting the wires in to clock but under screws, turn cyl stat to normal position, turn room stat up, heating should now run & indicator in H position. Give it 10 minutes before you decide whether this is the case or not. Turn room stat down & heating should go off but again, don't be hasty.
Well, you had jumped ahead a bit as I said. Not sure where you are now with clock on or of so suggest you do as above. Have a look at the boiler because if you turned the power off while boiler was running it may have gone out on overheat. This is what the pump over run prevents. What boiler is it but have a look for a re-set button anyway

Sponsored Links
I didnt see the message above you quoted so will go over that and try. Thanks for the reply

No luck with the heating the water seems fine but cant get the heating to work 2 rads are very luke warm but nothing else on. If I can just get it back to heat while waiting for the controller to turn up that would be good.

Sponsored Links
Hi Davey,
Sorry just back in I tried the wire trick you said and still no good I have left the clock off in case but can put it all back if needed.

Power off.
Put link from L to w.on and from w.on to h. on.
Power back on
room stat and cyl stat up
valve should be mid position, pump & boiler running, rads & water heating.
Turn cyl stat down, valve should be H, pump & boiler on & rads heating
Turn cyl stat up & room stat down, valve should be W, pump & boiler on & water heating

From the left, clock connections are:
N L 1 (htg ON) 2(htg OFF) 3 (W ON) 4 (W OFF)
Do this & let me know which bits do/don't work
I am pretty certain that we have been here before but humour me.

link from L to w.on and from w.on to h. on.
Power back on
room stat and cyl stat up
valve should be mid position, pump Running & boiler running, rads & water heating.
Turn cyl stat down, valve should be H, pump Running & boiler on & rads heating
Turn cyl stat up & room stat down, valve should be W, pump Running & boiler on & water heating

The boiler is a Worcester bosch greestar RI (LPG ) it seems that it starts and does not stay on but all lights are on
Blue light to show pilot is on and when i do a reset ( as described on google ) all seems fine.

I didnt take out the bits rads and water still dont seem to be on but pump is running

Worchester bosche greenstar RI , I have gone through the reset procedure but notice no change

Yes on constant not flashing, flashing i believe means a fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back