heating system diagnosis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have installed the following system oil firedwarmflow rd3 boiler celsia pump,switchmaster805, 2 motorised valves,hot water cylinder with stat.The boiler is about 5 years old but the rest of the installation could be up to 20 years. no room stats. Recently experiencing problems trying to switch off boiler by using the buttons on the switchmaster although the motorised valves on hot water and heating respond to the timer part of the switchmaster, however the pump continues to run 24/7.When the timer and the switches are put in the off mode any adjustment to the boiler thermostat will instantly fire up the boiler .Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
HI

it sounds like the pump is on permanent live.

if the pump is continuing to run without the boiler it could be a pump over run on the boiler failing, however I don't know about this boiler.

HI

it sounds like the pump is on permanent live.
thanks for that i will get that checked. IN the meantime why should the boiler still fire up when every thing is switched off? any idea

Sponsored Links
if the pump is continuing to run without the boiler it could be a pump over run on the boiler failing, however I don't know about this boiler.
thanks will get the pump checked out have also asked a returnee why the boiler should still fire up when everything is switched off

ok maybe i misunderstood your original post.
When you turn off from your programmer you say the pump continues to run 24/7, does the boiler also continue to fire or just the pump?

When you are experiencing the problem, check the motorised valves to see if they are open, search FAQ on motorised valves, plenty of info on this site.

ok maybe i misunderstood your original post.
When you turn off from your programmer you say the pump continues to run 24/7, does the boiler also continue to fire or just the pump?

When you are experiencing the problem, check the motorised valves to see if they are open, search FAQ on motorised valves, plenty of info on this site.
thanks for getting back, when the programmer is in the off position for both heating and hot water the pump continues to run,the motorised valves are closed but when the temp in the boiler falls the boiler will fire up although the valves remain closed .The boiler stat is at present on the bottom stop ie on the lowest temp available

if you have two mot valves sounds like one is jammed inside, microswitch etc, and giving a perm live to boiler/pump.

find the wiring centre and check the orange wires to locate what one is giving a perm live.

if you have two mot valves sounds like one is jammed inside, microswitch etc, and giving a perm live to boiler/pump.

find the wiring centre and check the orange wires to locate what one is giving a perm live.
Thanks for that .Will get my man with his tester to check that out Regards Nogga

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back